Group Purpose

The Secular Student Alliance empowers secular students to proudly express their identity, build welcoming communities, promote secular values, and set a course for lifelong activism.

We envision a future in which secular students lead meaningful and fulfilling lives, thrive as valued members of society, and provide visionary leadership committed to humanistic ideals and critical inquiry.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 2017 Campus Expo

Atheist Student SSA
Today's Campus Expo at Meramec was great! I wish I had some pics, but, ALAS, I was at the table alone. But I was busy!
Several new people expressed interest in our club and several more people secretly asked some questions about skepticism...as we know, some religious families and communities respond to skepticism with guilt and shame for these people who are attempting to THINK. I hope we hear from or see some of these questioners again.


Sitting at the Expo table with the word ATHEISM prominently displayed, I did notice that many people simply avert their eyes from the table. 

Kyle and I are trying to make information about our group easier to find so that interested students at our school and at other local colleges can find meetings and events. We also plan on using this website as well as our Facebook pages as ways to spread information about our club and about other events that might interest readers. 

YOU are welcome to post relevant events or links to the FB pages. This community is being designed to create connections between ourselves, each other, and community resources. News stories, politics, memes, religion:  it's all fair game.

Kyle and others have worked very hard to get this group off of the floor. I'm delighted to be a part of SSA at Meramec. I hope that, together, we can grow our club to be meaningful to the members and to our campuses.

I can be reached at: karen.thesecularparent@gmail.com
 

1 comment: